- 1916 – Originally founded as Fowler Rivet Company in Braddock, Pennsylvania
- 1919 – Purchased, moved to Warren, Ohio and renamed J.W. Brainard Steel Company
- 1927 – Townsend Company purchased the company and was renamed Brainard Rivet Company
- 1951 – Brainard Rivet Company was moved from Warren, Ohio to its present location in Girard, Ohio
- 1959 – Townsend Company and all of its divisions including Brainard Rivet Company were purchased by Textron, Inc.
- 1998 – Brainard Rivet Company becomes a subsidiary of Fastener Industries an “Employee Owned Company”